Mon. 14-18.30 | Tues-Wed. 10-18.30 | Thurs. 10-20 |
Fri. 10-18.30 | Sat. 10-17
Wheelchair accessible | City Map (Detail)
Tram 6, 8, 11, 14, 15, 16 to Marktplatz | Bus 34, 36, 38 to Schifflände
- Heinz Oehen (head, Vice Director)
- Karin Tonollo (Deputy)
- Daniela Mistrello (Deputy)
- The Team of the Main Library
What we offer
- Non-fiction books
- Reference books
- Novels in German, English, French, and Italian
- Children’s and teenagers' books in German and English; picture books
- Children's books in French
- Audio books and radio plays
- Language courses
- Reading room on the 1st floor with newspapers, magazines, PC workspaces as well as a regular choice of second-hand books
- Sheet music, scores and songbooks
- Slides (from the Rahn slide collection)
- Playstation-Games, Wii, Nintendo DS
- E-book readers (with up to 40 e-books)
Courses in the main library
Short guide into the world of the Internet
- Lasts: 1 hour
- You will need: basic PC knowledge and experience using the mouse.
- Registration: by telephone or in the main library no later than one day before the course. Maximum 3 people per course, accepted in the order in which they register.
- Cost: 10 Francs registered users – user I.D. needs to be shown.
15 Francs for all others.
Course participants will receive documentation.
- Time: Wednesdays 17 o’clock, Fridays 13 o’clock.
Searching for media via computer
Beginners course in Literature searches in the Library’s catalog
- Lasts: 45 Min.
- Registration: by telephone or in the main library no later than one day before the course.
- Time: Fridays 12.15 o’clock or upon agreement
Tours are available of both the main library and the branches for children, teenagers and adults (kindergarten groups, school classes, clubs and other groups). Please call us at Tel. 061 264 11 11 (main library) or directly in the branch of your choice.