Library Schmiedenhof - Renovation
From 7 November on you will find us here:
Tel. 061 264 11 00
What we offer / Staff
Wheelchair accessible | City Map (Detail)
Tram 6, 8, 11, 14, 15, 16 to Marktplatz | Bus 34, 36, 38 to Schifflände
The libraries will be closed from Monday 10 March until Wednesday, 12 March 2014.
- Heinz Oehen (head, Vice Director)
- Karin Tonollo (Deputy)
- Daniela Mistrello (Deputy)
- The Team of the Main Library
What we offer
- Non-fiction books
- Reference books
- Novels in German, English, French, and Italian
- Children’s and teenagers' books in German and English; picture books
- Children's books in French
- Audio books and radio plays
- Language courses
- Reading room on the 1st floor with newspapers, magazines, PC workspaces as well as a regular choice of second-hand books
- Sheet music, scores and songbooks
- Slides (from the Rahn slide collection)
- Playstation-Games, Wii, Nintendo DS
- E-book readers (with up to 40 e-books)
Searching for media via computer
Beginners course in Literature searches in the Library’s catalog
- Lasts: 45 Min.
- Registration: by telephone or in the main library no later than one day before the course.
- Time: Fridays 12.15 o’clock or upon agreement
Tours are available of both the main library and the branches for children, teenagers and adults (kindergarten groups, school classes, clubs and other groups). Please call us at Tel. 061 264 11 11 (main library) or directly in the branch of your choice.