Parents, grandparents, pedagogues and all people that live and work with children, can find information, advice and stimulation in the form of books, magazines, CD-ROMs and cassettes in the library’s “Kind & Erziehung” section.
- Advice regarding pregnancy, birth and the child’s first year
- Development psychology
- Upbringing advice from small child to puberty
- Help to learn, promote, support
- Advice for creativity, games and fun
- Reading promotion and use of media
- Health and nutrition
- Detailed books about family life, divorce or the patchwork
- Collection of brochures about the counseling offices and youth organizations (only in the main library).
- A list with interesting addresses for families in Basle can be found on the page Family net
- A choice of selected links for parents can be found in Bibliotoplinks
Aside from running the collection of media items, the City library actively promotes reading.
Currently no events.