Parents, grandparents, pedagogues and all people that live and work with children, can find information, advice and stimulation in the form of books, magazines, CD-ROMs and cassettes in the library’s “Kind & Erziehung” section.
- Advice regarding pregnancy, birth and the child’s first year
- Development psychology
- Upbringing advice from small child to puberty
- Help to learn, promote, support
- Advice for creativity, games and fun
- Reading promotion and use of media
- Health and nutrition
- Detailed books about family life, divorce or the patchwork
- A list with interesting addresses for families in Basle can be found on the page Family net
Foreign language media for children and teenagers
Foreign language media for children and teenagers only available in certain libraries.
Aside from running the collection of media items, the City library actively promotes reading.
Currently no events.